Module 7 video will be released in July 2021!
Download: Module 7 Expressions of Power –Facilitator Guide
Please take our SQUINCH survey after you use this module: https://tinyurl.com/mw9m6bd7
Learn about four expressions of power
Discuss power-over vs. power with
Explore the connection between power-within and power-to
In this Video:
Video clip of Racquel Willi’ 2020 speech.
Explanation and examples of expressions of power
Power to (self-empowerment)
During the meeting
- Watch the video and discuss four expressions of power.
- Power to (self empowerment)
- Power-within (self-acceptance)
- Ask the group one or more of the following questions:
- Describe a moment in your life when you have felt power within (aka self-acceptance)?
- Describe a moment in your life you felt power to (aka empowered to act)?
- How do we impact one another’s power to/power within?
- How can romantic relationships become vehicles for power over also?
- What are other examples where a person holds power over another?
- Follow up: How does this person maintain that power?
- Ask club members to take out their phones and fill out our survey about the module. https://tinyurl.com/mw9m6bd7
Here is the SQUINCH playlist in order:
If you are looking for information about starting or supporting a GSA, contact New Mexico GSA Network. https://themountaincenter.org/programs/nmgsa/
We warmly appreciate the GSA youth advisors for providing feedback and direction for the development of this curriculum.