HEAL+NM’s mission is to address risk across social determinants of health for lesbian, gay, bisexual, two-spirit, transgender, gender nonconforming, questioning, queer, intersex, asexual, and pansexual (LGBTQ+) people and their intersectional lives.
HEAL+NM works to advance education, research, and support for the health and wellbeing of LGBTQ+ people.
Who We Are
HEAL+NM is a community organization that works to achieve health equity and promote wellbeing for lesbian, gay, bisexual, two-spirit, transgender, gender nonconforming, queer, intersex, asexual, and pansexual (LGBTQ+) people through community organizing, education, advocacy, and messaging. Since 2003, we have gathered as a network of concerned community members to develop positive health messages by and for LGBTQ+ New Mexicans.
What We Do
Our network is dedicated to providing the leadership necessary to move towards health equity. We:
- Inform and convene our community members and leaders about health equity.
- Connecting LGBTQ+ people to health resources.
- Conduct forums, training, and community meetings aimed at increasing participation of civil rights and advocacy organizations in the campaign to reduce tobacco use.
- Support community organizations in their efforts to increase their capacity to address tobacco issues.
- Educate about healthy relationship skills for LGBTQ+ and work to prevent sexual and relationship violence.
How We Do It
Bright Spaces, Welcome Places, a directory of mental health agencies that have LGBTQ-affirming policies
LGBTQ healthy relationships skills course for GSA clubs
Community resource directory & newsletter
Community events and member meetings for LGBTQ+ community health
Involve our community leaders in education, prevention, policy and advocacy efforts